Monday 29 September 2008

Strelets to the rescue!

Having spent months looking at ranges I decided finally to take the plunge and go plastic! I have a clear idea of what I hope to achive and that is units of figures in active poses, well painted and based. I dont want units of 16 figures all the same, I want units that represent battalions in action, advancing, loading and firing and so to this end the Strelets range is perfect. This Russian company produce most sets for the Crimean war with more planned for future release including British, Russian French and Turks. Sculpting is excellent with lots of detail. Multi poses make the kind of lively animated unit I am looking for possible.

First boxes are on order, Russian Line infantry. Heres what you get, 40+ figures in different poses, yet all sutable for advancing/firing battalions! Soon as I have the first unit based and undercoated I'll update the blog. Pics show Strleets box front and back and the sprue.



No comments: